If you want to be a part of her blog tour, click here.
Big thanks for Sheryl Winters for taking the time to do an interview with me. Here's what I got out of her when we were alone, people.
And might I just say, I am heartily pissed that it is colder in Maryland than it is in Alaska. Just sayin'.
This book was a very long time coming so yes, I am very excited!~ I am in the process of scheduling a Facebook party for the big night. To help while the time away before the book comes out.
2. Do you think there are any similarities between Jaden and Fhina star of your little Lil' Genie Series first installment Purr-fect Mating?
Jaden and Fhina are two very dissimilar people. Jaden is painfully shy and allergic to water. She loves being inside, curled up with a good book. Though Fhina is a writer, she is also a tiger shifter and her true element is outside.
3. You live in Alaska. Since we're experiencing winter here in Maryland the cold, wet snow, the cold, the wind, the cold--tell us, what's this wintery misery like for you up in the deep dark north? That state far, far on the edge of the world... :)
Don’t shoot but it’s remarkably warm outside. The last few weeks have been like a mini spring. Usually, February is colder than this. Tis a warm breezy 30 out today. Normally though, January is our worst month, below zero (in the fifteen to twenty below range) for most of the month.
4. Do you ever like to incorporate things from you home state into your stories?
The old adage, write what you know, comes to mind. I’ve written one book entirely around the state of Alaska. I’m sure there will be more.
5. I know, Skydreamer has been in the works for months now, and it's larger than all of your previous works (a whopping 270 pages)--how do you feel this differs from your smaller works.
In a short story, a writer has a lot of constraints, a lot of parameters to fill. Word count, less character development, etc. In Skydreamer, I was able to take off the gloves so to speak. I incorporated more fun, more romance, and more laughter as well as a bit more tears.
6. You've told me that you, too, write of trolls. Will we see these trolls in publication any time soon? And in what stories do these trolls reside?
My trolls are real scary dudes. In Skydreamer, Jaden enters a contest and encounters four of them narrowly escaping with her life!